Tuesday 17 February 2015

She

She kisses
Me good night
Before going to
Bed

I pray for her
Good night
Before going
To bed

(wrote this last night after my Kochi kissed me good night as she does almost every night :)

Theme could be Welfare or Felicity





That

That look of
Silence on
His face

His silent
Posture
Full of grace

Makes me
Want to
Embrace him
And share his
Pain that plagues
Him






Wherever

Wherever
You go...
You take
Your mind
And body
With you
And your
Heart
Keeps
Racing
Between
The two
To see
Who'll
Win over
You :-)







If You Have

If you have
A void that
For the rest
Of your life
Remains
Unfilled

No matter
Whatever
You do...
You'll always
Have a life
Unfulfilled


(Theme: Void)





You

You come
You go
I don't
Even
Want to
Look at
You now

Why?

'Cause
Many days
I've had to
Do without
You

So might
As well
Get used
To a life
Without
You


(addressed to sunshine; Theme could be Annoyance or Resentment; wrote this on one of the many dreary, cloudy days of UK when there is no Sun for us the whole day)





For

For some
Days his
Poems
Were not
Coming in

I was
Wondering
Why this
Silence had
Seeped in

Not realising
That now his
Poems will
Never come in

As death
Had silently
Seeped in


(dedicated to Bharat B Trivedi who died last year; may his soul RIP)





Time

Time has
Just
Flown off

I'm waiting
To see
When it
Will come
Back to me
Saying:

Come
Fly with
Me...!!!

And
Holding
Its hand
I'll fly off
To eternity

:-)


(Theme: Abstract)






















All These

All these
Plumbers
Are so
Handsome
That you
Keep
Looking
At them
While
They're
Talking
And then
You forget
All about
What all
They were
Talking ;-)

:D


(Theme could be Mesmerising / Distraction)





You

You look
Forward
To reading
Some poets
As if the
Words are
Waiting to be
Sung by their
Solos & Duets






Die

I want to
Die before
You :-)
So that
I can see
What mischiefs
You are up to
Without me
;-)


(Theme: Death)






Mind

Some days
My mind
Just stops
Working
As if it's
Gone on
Labour
Strike -
Protesting
And saying
Come what
May, today
I'm celebrating
Mind Day
And so I
Simply don't
Feel like
Working !!!


(Theme: Humour)





You

You look
Forward
To
Forwards
For a
Smile
Or a
Laugh
Not
Knowing
That death
Is waiting
For you
To have
The last
Laugh :D






Sex

Sex is
What
Brings us
Together

Love is
What
Keeps us
Together


(wrote this poem thinking about long-term relationships wherein the couples might have got together due to mutual attraction be it sex, love or infatuation and over the years, when the physical drives are not as high as in the youthful years, love is what binds them together - the everlasting need for commitment and companionship is paramount in such relationships)





This

This
Coldness
Keeps
Killing me
Every day
And I keep
Reviving myself
Every day
Struggling to
Survive every day


[thinking of the freezing UK weather; given the option I would have gone and settled in Spain; but my husband's work and children's education keep me tied here even though I've never liked UK weather barring some nice, summery days that are warm and sunny; surprisingly none of them (hubby+kids) feel as cold as I do; maybe it is to do with heredity as neither me nor my father can bear cold weather]





Liberation

Many of
My desires
Have been
Fulfilled

And I
Realize
That some
Of my desires
Will never be
Fulfilled

So?
What more
Do I want from
Life?

Mukti
Liberation

Why?

'Cause
I've had
Enough of
Life






















Pizza

With shaking
Hands that
Old man
Came and
Delivered my
Pizza

Seeing him
I seem to have
Lost my appetite
For pizza


(Theme: Poverty)






Switching

Switching
Off the
Phone
He thinks
He'll be
Able to
Sleep...
Not
Knowing
That the
Phone
Will keep
Ringing
In his
Mind
Not
Letting
Him
Sleep...







Why?

Why did he
Go?
Where did he
Go?

Why does
Life always
Elope with
Death...Do
You know?


(He in the first stanza refers to a deceased person)

Theme could be Lovers / Partners wherein life and death are seen as eloping lovers or perpetual partners.


All the above Poems are © Aparna Chatterjee 2015

All Pix are © Getty Images dot Com (Courtesy: Boloji)

Click to read my poems