Tuesday 21 July 2015

Canada



Canada
Giye
Ki Korbo

USA Giye
Ki Korbo

Jokhon
Monta
Tomar
Kachhe
Pore Thake

Kothao
Giye
Ki Korbo
_______________________

Why go to
Canada or
USA?

What shall I
Do there?

When my
Mind remains
Always with you

Why go anywhere?
_________________

Another version could be:


What shall
I do by going
To Canada
Or USA,
When from
You I can
Never stay
Away...!!!







Born

Do I

Want to be
Born again
In this
Unsafe
World?

No.

Do I have
A choice?

No.

God who
Takes care
Of all our safety
Will again send me
As if to show me
How he really cares
For me ;-)






















The

The whole
World is
Speaking

Let me be
Silent

For when I
Start speaking

The whole
World will
Go silent

(pertaining to God's silence)







Why?

Why do
I live in
A perpetual
State of
Denial?

The reason
Is simple.

Reality
Bites me.


(Theme: Escapism)







Gorges

Her
Husband
Left her
With so
Much of
Bitterness
That she now
Gorges on
Chocolates
To get some
Sweetness


(written after visiting an acquaintance of ours who indulges in a lot of comfort eating to fill up the emptiness left by the strained relation with her ex-husband)


The above Poems are © Aparna Chatterjee 2015

The photo with the Canada poem is that of Aparna Chatterjee

The photo with 'The' poem is © Getty Images dot Com (Courtesy: Boloji)

You can read more poems here