Tuesday 16 June 2015

In



























In every
Moving
Car, I
Want to
See you
As if my
Moving eyes
Keep moving
Only to
See you

(Theme could be Desire / Longing / Yearning)







Gadgets

Gadgets
And
Gizmos
Occupy
Us in this
World

Don't know
What occupies
Them in the
Other world

(here 'them' refers to the dead and the departed)







Not

So many
Instances
Telling me
I'm not well

I've finally
Accepted
The fact
That I'm
Not well

(Theme could be Observation / Experience / Health)




















Heavy

With a
Heavy
Heart
I take
Leave
Of you
And let
Myself
Know...
I'll never
See you

(Theme could be Parting / Departure / Separation)







Let's

Let's
Pick up
The pieces
From where
You left me
And then
Piece it all
Together
How you
Left me

(Theme: Retrospection)








Saddest

The saddest
Part of our
Relationship
Is:
I can never
Wish him
Well
For he
Made me
Feel so
Unwell.







Your

Your memory
Is like the
Plop of a
Bird's pooh
On my
Window
When I'm
Looking
Through


(Theme could be Interruption / Disruption / Distraction caused by some sordid memory)




Restless

When you
Get restless
You'll come
Back to me
As you know
Here is where
Peace will be







Slowly

Slowly,
Slowly
It will
Heal
My
Friend

By the
Time, you
Die, it will
Seal, my
Friend


(pertaining to a wounded mind / heart)


All the above Poems are © Aparna Chatterjee 2015

Images © Getty Images dot Com (Courtesy: Boloji)

You can read more poems here