Tuesday 16 June 2015

Those



















Those
Belongings
That belonged
To him...
Make me
Feel that I
Still belong
To him...






















Vivid

That vivid
Dream of
Me being
In Kolkata
And gazing
At the Ganges

Made me realise
That a part of me
Still belongs to the
Ganges





























Find

People
Are
Visiting
Various
Places
To find
Peace

I just
Want to
Live in your
Heart to
Find peace
























Her

Her
Photo
Full of
Pain...
Made me
Realise
There were
Lots of
Droughts
In her life
Not much
Rain...








Muted

Separated
Widowed
Divorced
Women
With their
Muted
Sex drives

Where do they
Go to satiate
Their drives?

Or do they remain
Frustrated with their
Frustrating sex drives

For the sake of
Sticking to the label
Of propriety in this
Primitive, puritanical
Society


(pertaining to some sections of our Asian society that abound with hypocrisy and double standards)







Nobody

When
There's
Nobody
To talk to
Even the
Postman
Would do


(wrote this after seeing an elderly neighbour who lives on his own and looks out for people to have a chat)







Height

Height of
Sycophancy?

Don't need to
Go to Indian
Offices....

In Facebook,
You can see
;-)


Themes could be Flattery / Buttering / Toadyism / Flummery / Puffery





Gone

Gone are the
Days when
The wife...
Would just
Deck up
For her
Hubby to
Enjoy :-)

Thanks to
Social media
Now she
Decks up
For the whole
World to
Enjoy :-)









Survivor

Sometimes
I feel, I'm the
Only one
Fighting for
Life
The rest have
All given up
On life


Theme: Survival

(wrote these lines thinking about the sailor in this scene)







Blame

Nothing
Goes your
Way

Blame it
On God

As if
All your
Problems
Have been
Created
By God
And will be
Sorted by
God
























I Feel

I feel your
Embrace ~
All over me

Death,
You've
Finally
Come to
Rescue
Me ~








Never

You'll never
Know who
Am I when
I write....

I may be
He, she
You or me
When I write


(Theme: Role-Playing, pertaining to many of my poems)


All the above Poems are © Aparna Chatterjee 2015

Images © Getty Images dot Com (Courtesy: Boloji)

You can read more poems here